Collagen Stimulation Therapy
Tighten, lift & rejuvenate the skin at Sandalwoods.
Skin needling, also called Micro-Needling, has been a standard procedure in Europe for decades. Advances over the years led to the development of automated Micro-Needling and the development of the DermaPenTM.
This simple mechanical device based on fine needle penetration promotes scar less healing and natural collagen production within the skin.
Similar to fractional laser treatments, IPL, laser resurfacing, and chemical peels, but without the side effects and downtime, and at a more affordable price.
How does skin needling work?
The premise is simple – create a small wound and the skin will respond with collagen production and new skin cells. Depending on the depth of the needle penetration, the DermaPenTM can offer skin rejuvenation levels from simple enhancement of product absorption to the clinical treatment of scars and wrinkles.
What can the DermaPenTM be used for?
DermaPenTM allows the physician to quickly treat specific skin areas -large or small – to achieve a number of goals.
- Lip wrinkles
- Skin Texture / Tone
- Pore appearance
- Increase product absorption
- Superficial facial wrinkles
- Skin texture on the neck
- Acne / Surgical / Trauma Scarring
- Melasma and Pigmentation
- Textural improvements to chest
- Stretch marks
Treatment on the face is the primary location, but skin needling can successfully be used on any area of the body. DermaPenTM can effectively treat hard-to-reach places including around the eyes, nose (to reduce open pores) and lips.
How deep does the DermaPenTM go?
From very superficial penetration to deep dermal penetration, the professional applications have a wide range of potential to improve and correct skin problems without the use of lasers. Penetration ranges begin at cosmetic depth of 0.25mm to clinical treatment depths up to 2.5mm.
- Light penetration opens the skin long enough for the introduction of specific treatment serums. Since most product molecules are too large to cross the skin barrier, they can only be minimally effective. The DermaPenTM opens the skin for a few minutes and this allows a huge increase of product penetration – your product ingredients can then reach beneath the surface where they will do the most good. Treatment serums can be selected for skin lightening, hydration, texture and pore tightening.
- Mid penetration depths can have a very positive impact on superficial sun damage and light scarring to improve skin texture and tone and a visible improvement in pore size appearance.
- Deeper levels of penetration can improve acne scars, burn scars, stretch marks and tighten skin and soften wrinkles.
- DermaPenTM reduces the risk of post treatment pigmentation that is more prevalent with laser heat for ethnic skin. (Patients will still need to use sun protection and avoid heat exposure while in the recovery phase.
- Depending on the treatment goal, you can expect to see results immediately for product introduction benefit to 4 to 6 months for scarring.
Derma roller is a more painful process due to epidermal damage.
DermaPenTM minimises epidermal damage which means less pain.
What about down time?
Day 2: A red hue or pink hue persists like a moderate sunburn. Swelling may be more noticeable on the second day.
Day 3: Skin can be pink or normal colour. Swelling subsides.
Before & After Acne & Pigmentation improvement with DermaPenTM.
Before and After Acne Scarring results with DermaPenTM.
Before and After Crows Feet reduction with DermaPenTM.
Before & After Collagen Stimulation with DermaPenTM.
Before & After Wrinkle Reduction with DermaPenTM.
Showing results on scar reduction with DermaPenTM.
Improved appearance of Stretch Marks with DermaPenTM.